Our new Community and Conservation (C&C) Ranger Project builds on the support provided to-date, and the experience we’re gaining through the establishment of our Munywana, Greater Kruger, Benguerra, Mnemba, Nyekweri and Lake Manyara C&C Ranger Projects.
The project supports the employment of C&C Rangers, who will be based at Daweb Secondary School and will be responsible for:
- Undertaking surveys aimed at improving our understanding of the community’s socio-economic circumstances and their environmental perceptions and attitudes;
- Enabling the implementation of our ECHO curriculum aligned environmental education programme;
- Enabling the maintenance of the school infrastructure that Africa Foundation has supported;
- Facilitating school outings to the andBeyond Soussvlei Reserve – adjoining the Namib-Naukluft National Park, to provide them with a hands- on environment experience;
- Facilitating the establishment of a school vegetable garden to support the feeding scheme;
- Enabling ongoing support for the feeding scheme.