Our new Community and Conservation (C&C) Ranger Project builds on the partnership platform provided to-date, and the experience we’re gaining through the establishment of our Munywana, Greater Kruger, Benguerra, Mnemba, Nyekweri and Lake Manyara C&C Ranger Projects.
The project will initially support the employment of a two C&C Rangers, who will be based in their respective communities and will be responsible for:
- Undertaking surveys aimed at improving our understanding of the community’s socio-economic circumstances and their environmental perceptions and attitudes;
- Mapping community infrastructure and assets;
- Supporting the management and maintenance of the solar and borehole infrastructure that has already been implemented;
- Supporting the development of a comprehensive water supply and reticulation plan for the two communities;
- Recording and mapping all problem animal engagements and supporting the development of interventions that will decrease the impact of these engagements;
- Implementing a community-based wildlife monitoring process, anchored through a trail camera-based research process;
- Enabling the establishment of an effective community-based natural resource harvesting process on the Xaranna concession.